Effective: September 1, 2016
Updated: September 1, 2016
KAT BOND® values your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
“You”, “your” and “users” mean all visitors to the Service as defined below.
- User-provided Personal Information. When you use our Service, you may provide and we may collect information that may be used to specifically identify you. We refer to such information as “Personal Information.” Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing and bank information. Personal Information may also include other information, such as geographic area or user preferences, when that information is linked together with information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with Personal Information in various ways through the Service. For example, you provide us with Personal Information when you subscribe to the KAT BOND® Newsletter, purchase a product, use aspects of our Service or send us request for information.
- Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use our Websites, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. Please review your web browser “Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to use the features of the Site to their fullest potential.
- Information from your device(s). We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” and locally stored objects. This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, operating system, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use our Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with through our Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use our Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with your Personal Information.
- Location Information. We may obtain information about your physical location, such as by geo-location features in your device or by inference from other information we collect (for example, your IP address).
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways to provide our Service and operate our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to provide you with notices about the Service, to provide you product information, and to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send commercial communications, including updates on product launches, promotions, and events relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. You will have the ability to opt out of receiving such commercial communications as described in the communication or by emailing us at email@example.com
III. When We Disclose Information:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as comments on the Blog or Newsletter, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- In addition to those listed below, we work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, payment processing, email, newsletter, and other services and support for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets. If we acquire another organization, we may share information about our users, including Personal Information, with that acquired organization in connection with providing our Service.
- We may make certain aggregated, automatically-collected, or otherwise non-Personal Information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of our Service.
- We may enable you to update, correct, or delete account information and preferences by accessing account preferences settings on the Websites or Newsletter. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service. Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
- Because no standard for implementing “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) has been developed, our Service does not specifically respond to DNT signals, though your browser may allow you to set a DNT signal on your browser. Your device operating system or browser may include settings, options, or add-on components to control the placement and presence of cookies and access to location information.
- Our Service may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties.
- Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service.
- We are not responsible for the content or the privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access thereto are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
- Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
- If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner.
- If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Service from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
- If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
VII. Data Security:
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, improperly used, or destroyed by a breach of any of our safeguards.
- Your data is stored through Shopify, MailChimp, and other third-party’s data storage, databases and general applications. To prevent unauthorized access and transmissions, promote data security, and encourage appropriate use of information, Shopify, MailChimp and our other third party service providers utilize a variety of tools (encryption technologies, passwords, physical and electronic security, procedural safeguards) to assist in the protection of your information. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet or through data transmissions, so we make no guarantees. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications and you should not expect that your Personal Information will remain private. Additionally, it is your responsibility to keep your account and Personal Information safe and secure by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
- If during the purchase process, you provide us with your credit card information, that Personal Information is encrypted via Stripe using industry standard socket layer technology (“SSL”) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards employed by Stripe include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
VIII. International Visitors:
- Our Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for users located within the United States.
- If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including Personal Information, to KAT BOND® in connection with the Service, you affirmatively consent to such transfer, storage, and processing in the United States.
- Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including Personal Information, to KAT BOND® in connection with the Service, you affirmatively consent to such transfer, storage, and processing outside of the United States.
Residents of California have the right to request a disclosure describing what types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and with whom we have shared it, during the preceding calendar year. You may request a copy of that disclosure by contacting us at email@example.com
XI. Questions and Contact Information:
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the below address:
C/O Integrated Security Services, Inc.
305 Madison Avenue, Suite 2137
New York, NY 10165